The Faculty of Marketing within The “Dimitrie Cantemir” Christian University, Bucharest has the Mission to train specialists with higher education in the field of marketing, through didactic activities and appropriate scientific research into the current state of the environment and international affairs.
The Faculty aims to train specialists on the basis of a plan of modern education with opening towards international university education and economic practice in this area.
Regardless the place in which future graduates will accede, they benefit from a thorough knowledge from the general economic sciences, of those specialized, and also complementary, which were included in a logical sequence in the annual learning plans. An important role in the process of training the students of the Faculty is given to the knowledge of at least one foreign language in the international educational plan (as well as other optional languages) and the use of IT in education for information-documentation and acquiring specific skills in economic training.
The Marketing Faculty aims to be a promoter in launching innovative ideas, to mark the paths of economic research, to influence through its scientific approaches in the development of education materials, books, monographs, treaties, specialized articles, etc, about the economic and social development of Romania and its European integration.
In accordance with the demands of forming and training economists that the economy and the Romanian society need, as well as to the economic potential of Romania, the absorption capacity of the labor market, the educational mission of the Marketing specialization consists in the formation of some economists, specialists in marketing, so that:
- to manifest mostly the ability to orient the preoccupations, to shape behaviors, build abilities and skills in line with what is typical, new and dynamic in the human society of today and what is their evolution in the future;
- to have full freedom in identification and expression through everything that aims and realizes the obvious modern and flexible visions ,on the role of the specialist in marketing in the business world, analyze and forecast important economic phenomena, to the current and potential market demands;
- to manifest their readiness to improve training and to accede on the basis of concrete results and competence, from execution to the functions of analysis and management, contributing thus mostly, to the achievement of performance and the progress of organizations to which they belong.• to manifest their readiness to improve training and to accede on the basis of concrete results and competence, from execution to the functions of analysis and management, contributing thus mostly, to the achievement of performance and the progress of organizations to which they belong.
The study programme provides, through the proposed disciplines, formation of general competencies, knowledge, and analyzing and interpreting. Specialized skills are materialized in acquiring specific knowledge, training in methods of investigation of economic phenomena in general and those in the field of marketing, as well as in the development of executional and organizational skills.
The Faculty of Marketing is concerned with stimulating students’ creativity drawing them to scientific research, aiming at making them familiar to the demands of specialization, using IT equipment useful in executing activities specific to marketing. The graduates of the Marketing are prepared to meet the demands and exigencies on the labor market.
The graduates of our faculty can develop activities for the position of specialized economists in marketing, within organizations such as: national and transnational companies, banks, commercial offices and agencies, in our country and abroad, governmental bodies, international organizations, education and research units, trades which at present, are in full accordance with the national and international framework of qualifications. The graduates of our faculty can develop activities for the position of specialized economists in marketing, within organizations such as: national and transnational companies, banks, commercial offices and agencies, in our country and abroad, governmental bodies, international organizations, education and research units, trades which at present, are in full accordance with the national and international framework of qualifications.
Within this context, the teachers are concerned with the students, to get them trained and have a conceptual framework of principles by self-training and innovation throughout their life, aiming at their flexibility and capability of professional mobility.
Faced with this reality and perspective, The “Dimitrie Cantemir”Christian University of Bucharest, the faculty of Marketing, by Marketing specialization is educationally committed to train economists, specialists able to:
- have a good command of economic vocabulary, to be given the possibility of communicating in the written form and also orally, in Romanian and at least an international language;
- use the computer in specialized papers;
- have excellent knowledge on methods and execution techniques in the field of specialization;
- approach in an interdisciplinary and comparative way issues in the economic field, in this way bringing their contribution to raising the qualitative level of the future employees from business companies, public and financial institutions;
- develop their capacity of analysis and synthesis of data and information from different alternative sources of specialized literature with a view to formulating arguments, decisions and concrete steps;
- develop their capacity to work in teams in view of solving and drawing up projects suggested in the field of marketing;
- developing their capacity to get used to new situations;
In order to achieve these goals it is necessary to permanently modernize the training process, mainly achieved by developing modern curricula, similar to those of famous universities from our country and abroad, stable in structure and dynamic in content.
The content and the range of topics acquired by the specialization of “Marketing” offers graduates a remarkable capacity of flexibility and adaptability, which enables them to get important or very important jobs in economy and in the society.